Dhcp clients not updating dns records
Hopefully in the next couple days it will begin to populate Do you have name protection enabled?
I'm working through an issue currently where certain records will not update, to the point where had I not disabled scavenging I would have lost a bunch of printers etc.
I have opened up a support case with Microsoft on August 17th. So far they've enabled all auditing and logging functions and the problem happened again - it was not shown at all what deleted the DNS record even with maximum logging turned on.
Tomorrow they want me to wipe out the entire DNS zone and start over from scratch :(I wonder if our problems are the same and due to some bug in 2012 R2 DNS and/or DHCP.
They automatically have the permission to use an existing computer account for a domain join without having to reset it in advance.
That’s why you should always use a service-account with the minimum necessary permissions for a domain join.
If that is the case, it is deleted and a new computer object is set up when joining the PC to the domain.
The SID of the original object remains and the authorization on the DNS record stays valid -.
(Why this was the case, you can read below.) I asked the customer to describe the imaging process to me a little more detailed..
The customer checks, if a computer object with the PC’s name already exists, before joining the PC into the domain.
riginally posted this in 4/2006, and updated throughout the years, but I still get questions from time to time asking why updates are not working, especially PTR.
Well, I thought it’s time for an update and to just offer a summary in the beginning, because in this day and age, no one wants to read!